The Doctoral Consortium (DC) is intended to provide Ph.D. students with the opportunity to interact closely with established researchers and to get feedback on their research, provide advice on career possibilities and build a professional network, improving the cohesion of new researchers with the ICAPS community.
The DC is open to all doctoral student attendees of the conference and will take place on June 14 (the day before workshops and tutorials). Registering for the Doctoral Consortium will be part of the registration process for the conference and all students are invited to take part in it.
As part of the Doctoral Consortium, ICAPS will offer a Mentoring Program. The Mentoring Program is designed to provide senior graduate students with an opportunity for in-depth advice by senior members of the field regarding careers and research skills. Each accepted student to the program will be matched with an established researcher in the field who will assist the student with research and career management advice.
We encourage current doctoral students (students whose Ph.D. is in progress, but who are at least a year from defence/completion) to apply for the Mentoring Program. Students do not need to be accepted into the Mentoring Program to attend and participate in the Doctoral Consortium.
Application Procedure for the Mentoring Program
To participate in the Mentoring Program, an application is required. Applicants for the Mentoring Program should submit a single PDF file that should contain:
- A dissertation abstract (not a paper) of at most 4 pages, using AAAI style.
- A CV.
- A letter from the candidate’s Ph.D. advisor, program coordinator, or the school administration confirming the applicant’s enrollment in the Ph.D. program.
- A representative/exemplary conference publication (for sharing with a mentor – optional).
- A list of potential mentors (optional)
The website for submission will be opened end of January and the submission link will be provided in due time.
Important Dates for Mentoring Program:
- Opening submission website: End of January 2020 (estimated)
- Submission deadline: February 19, 2020
- Notification date: March 18, 2020
- Doctoral Consortium: June 14, 2020
For any questions or problems, please contact the DC chairs: