IMPORTANT: ICAPS Summer School will now be online.
The exact dates of the school will depend upon the arrangements of the ICAPS conference. More information about ICAPS 2020 arrangements and a survey can be found here:
General information and Important Dates
IMPORTANT: Summer School postponed to October 12-16 due to COVID-19.
|Application Date||September 14|
|Notification of Admission||September 21|
|Date of School||October 12-16|
|Organisers||Malik Ghallab, Michael Cashmore|
School Program and Speakers
The 2020 ICAPS Summer School will provide students with the opportunity to learn about both the foundations and recent developments in exciting research areas in AI planning and scheduling, robotics, and plan execution. It will offer two days of training labs and three days of lectures.
Lectures will include Q&A sessions and cover the following topics:
Scott Sanner University of Toronto
Planning, knowledge and reasoning
Michael Beetz University Bremen
Learning Hierarchical Planning Knowledge
Hector Munoz-Avila Lehigh University
Planning and Plan Execution for Human-Robot Interaction Tasks
Luca Iocchi Università di Roma “La Sapienza”
Dana Nau University of Maryland
Planning and Learning
Alan Fern Oregon State University
Nick Hawes ORI, University of Oxford
Task and motion planning
Fabien Laggriffoul Örebro University
Integrating planning and acting
Tim Niemueller X, The Moonshot Factory
Training labs involve group exercises and interactive sessions, interspersed through
the week. Outside of the interactive sessions, a Slack channel and forum will be available to ask questions and discuss with other students. The training labs cover the following topics:
- An introduction to planning and modelling. Exercises are planned to run online using planning.domains.
- Domain modelling exercises,
- Plan execution exercises in simulated logistics domains with deadlines,
- Plan execution exercises in robotics domains with manipulation and navigation. Simluations are planned to be run online using online environment at the construct.
Virtual Summer School
The summer school will be held fully online, through tools such as Zoom.
- All lectures will be held on Zoom, with a chat channel for questions and answers, moderated by a co-host.
- Interactive sessions will be held in Zoom with breakout rooms for group exercises.
- A dedicated Slack #channel will be available for students to interact during and outside of the sessions.
- Introductory planning sessions and group exercises in domain modelling make use of tools such as planning.domains.
- Group exercises and interactive sessions will take place using online planning and simulation environments.
No special software is required for attending the school.
Applicants must submit the following documents, merged into one PDF and in this order:
- Completed ICAPS Summer School application form (LINK).
- A light-weight letter describing how the applicant’s research topic is connected to the school. Maximum 1-page. The purpose of the letter is for the school chairs to be able to confirm, at a high level, that the school content is in principle suited to your background.
Applications are submitted through EasyChair (upload the PDF application as a paper with title ‘application’) https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icapsicrass2020
As the school is held online, there will be no registration fee.